Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fireside


Fireside, originally uploaded by John Oldham.

If you have not been to the new Fireside (1453 Webster St # A
Alameda, CA) it is a great place to settle in to have a Cocktail. The old Fireside had a lot to be desired but new owner Patrick has cleaned (that's a first for this place), painted, remodeled and made it a great place to stop after work or any night of the week.

My first encounter with the Fireside was 1980, long ago when sailors still roamed Webster Street and Ladies of the evening were hailing distance from the Fireside. I was 15 and it was a place that would serve me a beer. I was so nervous that the only thing that I could order was a Bud. Patrick now serves probably 30 types of beer now and that choice no longer has to be an option.

The Bar has two big screen tvs that are placed above the bar, so if you have a group or you are out on a date it does not have to be the focus. Pool Table is by the old fireplace. The liquor is top self and the offer a menu of Cocktails.

Downside -- Cash Only! I understand that they are trying to resolve this, but it is a bit inconvenient. Good atmoshphere, check it out.